Thursday, December 29, 2011

coffee filters

You know, it's the little things in life that can be the biggest blessings - water, electricity, working vehicle, etc. A few years back my husband bought me an ipod and I've loved it ever since. I love to put on my earphones and listen to godly music that brings my focus back on my Lord. Another thing I really enjoy is my Kindle. We all know the struggle of trying to stay under 50 pounds in each of our suitcases as we return to the mission field from furlough! In fact, I still have a stack of books that I was given probably 4 years or so ago that never quite made it into my luggage. So to have a Kindle that I can download books in just minutes is amazing!!

So what does all that have to do with coffee filters?? Well, during Christmas we stayed with some dear friends while we held special meetings in their village. Upon arrival I was admiring the snowflakes her children had made with a visiting supporter. However, when Becky told me they were made out of coffee filters I gasped. She laughed and said she knew I would react that way. (Ahhh, the joy of friends!) She later told Beverly about it. Beverly immediately went into her room and came out with a bag full of coffee filters and handed them to me!

What little blessings do you have? Sometimes we can be overwhelmed with the difficulties of living in a culture far different than our own and miss seeing these blessings. I hope you'll take the time today to thank the Lord for the little things...like coffee filters!

Written by Tammy Brouwer in Tanzania

No comments: