Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Fun: Buckeyes


Today's treat is another quickie, but, oh, so delicious!

I don't know if these are popular in all parts of the US, but growing up in Michigan, it was certainly not a party without them!

I would advise you to double the batch, because they will go fast!!!

Buckeyes

1 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 c. confectioners'/icing sugar
2 c. chocolate bark or chocolate chips

Line baking sheets with waxed paper, set aside.
In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter, and sugar until well combined.
Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets.
If mixture is sticky, wet hands with cold water and continue rolling.
Place baking sheets in freezer for 30 minutes or until balls are firm.
Melt chocolate in microwave or on stove top.
Pierce balls with a toothpick and dip into chocolate 3/4 of the way deep, wiping excess chocolate
on rim of bowl.
Place on waxed paper; repeat with remaining balls.
Return undipped buckeyes to freezer for 10 minutes if they get too soft.
Chill in refrigerator for 45 minutes, until set.

Try not to eat them all in one sitting!!!

2 comments:

Called to Make the Difference said...

I've only had these once before, but I LOVED them! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I hope to make them sometime soon:)

Julie M. said...

Love these things! :) Thanks for sharing this recipe since the one I have is a little more complex, and I always wanted to simplify it. This one I think I have all the stuff for...YAY! :) Will have to make it soon.