Friday, April 14, 2017

Today

Today...

Today I want to be his helper... his help meet... his wife.


Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone;
I will make him an help meet for him." 


When I think about when God created woman, I am reminded that woman was created out of His great love and compassion for man.

God saw a need that man had.

He was alone.


Proverbs 31:11 "The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her,
so that he shall have no need of spoil." 


Today I want to do him good.

He has so much weight on his shoulders. So much responsibility. When he comes home I want to greet him... to help bear his burdens... to listen.

A good meal.

A tender voice.

A smile.


Proverbs 31:12  "She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life." 

Today...

Today I want to love him. I want to love him the way he needs... the way he craves. I want to give him the affection that is so desired, yet in this hard, harsh, calloused, sin-filled world it is so hard to find.

I am his helper.
I am his friend.


Titus 2:4  "That they may teach the young women...
to love their husbands..."

Today...

Today I want to be his biggest cheerleader, his tender companion, his partner in ministry.

I want the love of Christ to flow through me to him.

Because tomorrow he will have to go back out into the world and face it all again... seeking to glorify God while reaching out to a lost and dying world. And I want him to know someone is praying... someone is preparing a refuge for him... an oasis in the home for him to return to... someone is on his side at all times.

Today...


To all the missionary wives who support their husbands through every trial and hardship on the field, thank you.


No comments: