Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Thin Yeast-less Pizza Crust

I don't know about you but I am a homemade pizza fan. But the crust can sure be a tough one. And I have gone through a lot of different phases of how I like my crust; From thick and mile high to thin and crispy. After years of living in Nepal where almost all the pizza is true Italian wood fired pizza, I am a devoted thin crust fan. You get to taste the true yumminess of the ingredients without all the glugginess of huge crusts.

But each and every crust represents big challenges. I don't know if I an ever make Great pizza and home without the restaurant grade ovens but I will strive to get the best I can. I am drooling over a cool little tiny pizza oven for your stovetop in Amazon!

What I have found is the best way to cook your crust is to put it on a hot pre-heated stone. But you cannot completely premake your pizza to place it on the hot stone without a pizza peel. Believe me I have tried! But you can at last gently place a pre-rolled crust and quickly place ingredients.

I have also recently seen a tip about making your pizza on parchment paper and then placing it on the stone but I haven't tried yet! Though I'm excited too. I found this recipe a little while back. It makes a very nice thin non-fluffy crust that requires no resting, yeast or much time. I'm enjoying it for now. See what you think.

Ingredients-

  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp light corn syrup (or maple in a pinch; as I normally am:)
  • 1/2 cup water

Directions:

  • Place pizza stone in oven and preheat to 450 degrees.

Make the crust:

  • In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, olive oil, corn syrup, and water until thoroughly combined. Then roll out dough.

To make pizza:

  • Top crust with pizza sauce. Sprinkle cheese on pizza. Top with favorite toppings. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and basil.
  • Transfer pizza crust to pizza stone or cookie sheet. Add sauce and ingredients. Bake 12-15 minutes, until cheese is golden and crust is brown. Allow to cool 3-5 minutes and slice into squares and serve.

 

No comments: