Wednesday, May 22, 2019

God Goes Before


I’ve mentioned here before a Bible study I do that was introduced by Mardi Collier.  This study (What Do I Know About My God?) has had such an impact on my life.  This week as we had our first mission conference of furlough, I was drawn back to this study and witnessed first-hand as God took care of me and met my needs. 

My God cares for me.  “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”  ~ I Peter 5:7 

As we were headed out to our first conference, I must confess that I had lots of questions running through my head.  I had to confess the sin of anxiety for sure.  What would be expected of me?  Where would we be staying?  Sometimes it is difficult for me to sleep in a strange bed.  I have food allergies, so I wondered, would I be able to eat the food?

BUT…

My God goes before me.   “And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.” ~Deuteronomy 31:8

I didn’t need to be anxious.  God reminded me once again that He goes before.  He knows my needs.  He cares personally for me.  

There were no overwhelming expectations of me at this conference and we had wonderful fellowship with the people of the church and the other missionaries.  We had a lovely place to stay and I had a great night’s sleep every.single.night.  The pastor’s wife and our hostess were very accommodating with my food allergies and I had more than enough food to eat!  

God is so good, but too often I forget.  I’m so thankful for the wonderful conference the Lord allowed us to participate in at the beginning of this furlough.  It was a special reminder from Him to me that He will take care of me.  



If you haven’t yet started your own knowing God notebook.  I would like to encourage you to do so.  It will help you to change the way you think during the everyday events of life.  

*photo is taken at the Kyoto Imperial Palace in Kyoto, Japan

3 comments:

Joyful said...

Wonderful praise report! God is good :-)

GrammaGrits said...

Deuteronomy 31:8 was the verse I chose at about age 15 for my 'life verse' which was a common thing. It has brought comfort many, many times in various circumstances, trials and joys for more than 50 years now. Two of my granddaughters even did an 8 x 10 watercolor of a floral wreath with some of the words from my verse inside. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Very thankful to hear how God has provided for your needs. Your posts are always very encouraging and challenging. Thank you for being so honest in your sharing.