Thursday, October 17, 2019

Do you ever have grumpy days? Days when you just don't feel like yourself and everything people do or say or need annoys you?

Me neither.

But let's pretend for a moment that we have.

Let's suppose the other day I was tired from not sleeping well and had a day full of appointments where my family needed me. Like not just to physically drive them/be there, but actually make decisions, and give informed consent, and interpret and help communicate. I had a tiny window of time before the next appointment and decided to lay down for a moment.

While I lay there I was thinking about how I wished I had slept better, that my kids could drive independently, that my husband didn't need me to interpret, that I didn't have to clean the kitchen or then turn around and cook dinner, either.

Some rest, right? If only, if only, if only...

When I got up for the next appointment (with quite a huff I might add), I saw these bracelets on my dresser and immediately felt the reproof.

Love people. Serve others.

You see, my family is people. My family is others. Sometimes I forget that. I don't always love and serve them the way I ought to. Yes, sometimes life is demanding. Sometimes I am tired. Sometimes I *just don't feel like it*.

However, "The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances."  -Elizabeth Elliot

Colossians 1:27 says Christ in me is the hope of glory. Am I living in the strength of Christ? Am I letting Him be my hope of glory, even when I *just don't feel like it*? Is He reflected in my words, attitudes, and actions?

Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another;

Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

No comments: