Friday, May 25, 2012

Devotional Friday

In Everything Give Thanks

I Thessalonians 5:18

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you".

Each Sunday we learn a verse together as a church. A few weeks ago this verse was on the board. This is one of those verses that I've known my (almost) entire life. But, for some reason I saw this verse as never before. In every thing thanks. I started to wonder; do I thank God for everything, or just the good that comes in my life? Am I thankful for the many sleepless nights I've sat up with my baby, or am I just thankful when she finally sleeps again?


With this verse on my mind and heart I started to look at my life a bit differently. Instead of complaining of no sleep, I can choose to be thankful for the extra moments I get to spend with my sweet baby who is growing up much too quickly. Instead of complaining of dreary weather, I can choose to be thankful for the time spent indoors with my children working on household projects or playing a new game. Instead of missing loved ones back in the States I can choose to be thankful for the modern technology that allows us to continue to be a part of each other's lives.



The list can go on and on. I've lost loved ones since being on the field, but I can be thankful we will see them again. Instead of grieving over friends who are moving away I can be thankful for the wonderful times we've shared together and the way our lives have been enriched by their friendship.

This week I challenge you, let's be thankful in ALL things. In Everything! I determine to be thankful for each and every circumstance that comes my way, whether it be lovely or not. Will you join me?

No comments: