Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there! This morning I was reflecting on the blessings of mothers as well as their great responsibility. I am thankful for the Godly Mother I am blessed with and cherish the memories of my formative years. Many times in certain parenting situations I think "how would Mom handle this." My Mom was a great prayer warrior and I thank God for the great influence she has had in my life. She truly is a Proverbs 31 lady, and her children do arise up and call her blessed.

I also think of my great responsibility as a mother. I have a tremendous job ahead of me in raising our children. The children I am raising today will be adults tomorrow. How I live today will affect tomorrow!
I think of these verses in Proverbs "My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:"(1:8), "A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish man despiseth his mother." (15:20). "...but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame." (29:15)
As a mother I know that to neglect this God-given privilege can only lead to heartache. I love this verse, also in Proverbs (22:6) "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." I believe this is a promise from God... if I do my job right, how sweet will be the reward!
Each day is a learning process for me as well as my children! I look to the Word, the examples of Godly women, and rely on the prayers of my husband! I look into the precious eyes of my children and know the greatest gift I can ever give them is a Godly upbringing, raising them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
God Bless all you Missionary Moms out there as you are serving our Lord and raising your children on the Mission Field!

No comments: