Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Countdown Tree {Advent}


This year I was looking for a Christmas advent or countdown for my children.  I wanted it to point them to Christ and help show them the real meaning of Christmas.  I searched pinterest and google, but came up with nothing that I really liked.  I decided to make my own using Scripture passages.  The idea for this is everyday starting December 1, we will turn a card over and read the Scripture on the back.  By December 25, we will have read the entire Christmas story.  I am hoping this will also help my kids to memorize these passages, as well.  It begins with Matthew 1:18-21, then Luke 2:1-20, and ends with Isaiah 9:6. 
 
(If anyone knows how to add a document, I would be more than happy to attach the document to share with others.  Maybe I'll google this today!)

No comments: