Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

 
So begins another year.
 
What are you goals or resolutions for the year?
 
We all make them, don't we?
 
A new year comes with a fresh slate, a time to begin anew, a time to start fresh.
 
A new year to me is like the beginning of a school year.  You have your new school books, freshly sharpened pencils, and notebooks begging to be written in.
 
But technically, isn't every day a new beginning?
 
"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed,
because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning:
great is thy faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23
 
What a great God we serve...
 
think about it...
 
His mercies are new every morning!
 
Every morning.
 
I don't need a new year to start fresh, I just need a new day!
 
So, here's to a new year, and a new day!
 
I am praying that God will do big things this year.
 
"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended:
but this one thing I do,
forgetting those things which are behind,
and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:13-14
 
 
 
 

 
 
 


No comments: