Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Gluten Free, Black Bean Brownies - With Video

I’m going to be honest with you all. 
Just about every time I see a recipe that says “Gluten Free” I scroll or flip right past it. I mean, why would I waste my time making something without gluten, that’s probably gonna taste funky, and isn’t necessary for my diet? Besides, it’s easiest for me to cook with flour rather than to find ways around using flour, or using flour mixes or making my own mix. 
When a friend texted me this recipe, and told me it was really good, I really thought they were crazy! 
I mean, does Black Bean Brownies even sound appetizing? I didn’t think so. But now....I think differently. 
I hope you give these brownies a shot. And are happy with the end product! 

What You’ll Need

1 (15 oz) (1 2/3 cups)  can drained, rinsed, black beans 
(If you don’t have canned black beans, you can always use cooked black beans. Just make sure they have had time to cool off before you use them in this recipe) 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar 
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 eggs 
3 tablespoons coconut oil 
(Or any other oil you would prefer) 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1 teaspoon instant coffee 

Optional 
1/4 cup chopped walnuts 
1/2 cup chocolate chips 
1 cup marshmallows
1/2 cup shredded coconut 

Place ingredients in a mixer/blender/food processor, and blend till smooth. 
Poor into a greased 8x8 baking pan. 
Sprinkle on optional ingredients if desired. 
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. 
Cool or serve warm! 

Most gluten free recipes seem to be complicated (to me) but I was pretty happy with how easy this recipe was to follow! I tweaked the recipe a bit, I had to taste a couple batches to get the result I was looking for. 
I hope you appreciate all the taste testing this recipe took! (Life is tough) 

I would really like to know what you think of this recipe! Feel free to comment, and let me know how this recipe worked for you. 
I would also love to hear if you tried anything different with this recipe. Maybe changing out blackbeans for red beans, or some other sort of cooked bean? 



Amber Wells Papua New Guinea  🇵🇬

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Amber, I have been wanting to try black bean brownies for a long time! I can't wait to try these. I will let you know how they taste when I do.