Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Protein Bars

Protein Bars

I am Hypoglycemic, and so is my dad. So, we tend to have problems finding “quick” foods to eat that help us eliminate bad food days. My mom found this recipe somewhere a long time ago, and makes these for us. They taste delicious, are SUPER easy to make, and are sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free! These Protein Bars can be made in about ten minutes. They’re so easy! 
One of the things that’s nice about these Bars, is that it’s easy to multiply or divide the recipe. (Which is always a bonus for me!) 

What you’ll need

1 cup peanut butter 
1/2 cup honey 
1/4 cup coconut oil 
1/2 cup cocoa powder 
1 cup shredded, toasted coconut 
3 cups oats 

In a small or medium saucepan, heat, over low heat, the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil. 
Once smooth, add the cocoa powder and the coconut. Last, but not least, add the oats. Combine until all the ingredients are well incorporated.

In a 9x13 pan spread out the mix. If desired, sprinkle some toasted coconut on the bottom of the pan first. Once flattened and smooth, chill for a minimum of an hour. I normally make mine in the evening and chill it overnight. 

Cut your Bars into the desired shape and size. Keep Bars in a container, or zip top bag, in the fridge. Because the bars are made with coconut oil and peanut butter, if they get too warm they will melt and be almost impossible to eat with your hands. 


I hope you and your family enjoy these Protein Bars! 

Comments are appreciated! 

Due to living in the jungle, I sometimes cannot get my videos to upload. However, I will post the video link on FaceBook (BMW) once our network allows. 

Amber Wells 
Papua New Guinea
 🇵🇬 

No comments: