Monday, November 12, 2018

Open wide: be satisfied!

Well, our week has pretty much been filled up with the arrival of our newest family member. I had him pretty much to myself, as my husband had to stay with the other boys because they were sick. More than just enjoying a new baby though, it struck me once again how I am in a relationship with God. He is my Father; I am very much to be like this newborn baby. God promises to provide all my needs (and even desires!) if I will just wholly look unto Him and rely on Him.

One verse especially kept returning to my mind:

"I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it." Psalm 81:10

Just recently have I been reading this very story in the Old Testament during my devotions. God brings his people out of Egypt in a miraculous way. They are now "newly born" into His care. They have no army. No stores of food. No water. -All they can do is wholly rely upon the Lord as He provides. Again. And again. And again!

Little Paul doesn't know where the food comes from or how it all works. All he knows is to open his mouth WIDE and it is filled. He has to open wide, or it just doesn't work. It's not, open a little and receive a little; it's all or nothing. Open wide, be satisfied.

This simple truth has put me back in awe of my Heavenly Father. I need to open wide to receive His blessings and provision. There's no room for worry. I am incapable of providing for myself sufficiently; that's the Father's job. He has so much awaiting me, if I would only be open. Wide open. Praying. Trusting. Relying. As a newborn baby. This is the way to perfect contentment.


2 comments:

Be Thou Exalted said...

What a sweet post. Congratulations!

Lindsay S. said...

Wow, congrats to you! We just had our fourth a few months ago. :) Nice to "see you around," as it were. Great post!