Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Chocolate Cake

Homemade chocolate cake is hard to make. 
I mean it isn't really, but it's hard to find a recipe that is moist, flavorful, not tough, but not crumbly. 
I'm normally not even a cake fan, but I love this cake. I like to eat it without frosting, just pure chocolate cake! 

I got this recipe from a missionary here in PNG, and she got it from her mother, who got it from a magazine...so if you're reading this recipe, and it's your recipe, I thank you for putting this delicious recipe in a magazine many years ago! 


Mix dry ingredients, then wet. Combine ingredients, and beat for 3 minutes. 

Pour into a greased and floured 9" pan or into cupcake cups.  Bake in a 325° oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. 

I honestly believe the secret to this cake's moistness, richness, and over all deliciousness is the coffee. I've tried making it with just water, or milk, or even hot water, and it just isn't the same. 

One thing I did learn last time I made this recipe is that the batter must be baked immediately. My oven was full, and I wasn't able to bake my cupcakes immediately. The cupcakes still tasted great, but the cake was a bit crumbly, and would not have been firm enough to frost. I am not sure why this is the case. If you know why, let me know, please!



Amber Wells
Papua New Guinea
🇵🇬

1 comment:

Joyful said...

Thank you for the recipe. It is hard to find a good basic recipe. I see there is coffee in this one. I'll have to try it some time. The little one looks like she is enjoying every morsel. How nice that she has a mama to make such treats for her. God bless. x