Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Red Robin Seasoning and Tomato Powder

Red Robin Seasoning and Tomato Powder

This is one of my favorite copycat recipes! We not only use this seasoning on fries, but on eggs, chicken and salad.   Basically, anything we put salt on, we put this RRS on! 

This recipe calls for tomato powder, which is not readily available here. So I figured I would just make some! It really is very easy! If you have a food dehydrator, just slice up several tomatoes and let them dehydrate. The time it takes to dehydrate will be defferent for everybody. Some dehydrators are faster than others, and some tomatoes have more water than others. I did mine overnight...the power did go off and on a couple times....so, I  dont really know how long my tomatoes took to dry. Once tomatoes are completely dry, grind them up in a cleaned out coffee grinder or in a food processor. Once tomatoes are completely ground up into a fine powder, store in an airtight container.



For the Red Robin Seasoning just mix up the ingredients in a little jar or even a zip- top bag. Use salt to taste. I use 2 tablespoons of salt, unless I'm using it on steak or chicken, and then I use 1 tablespoon. 

I hope you guys enjoy this seasoing! Let me know in the comments how your family likes it! 

For more pictures and videos, follow my instagram, Third Culture Cook. 

Amber Wells
Papua New Guinea 🇵🇬

No comments: