Monday, April 13, 2020

Banana Pancakes 🍌πŸ₯ž

Banana Pancakes 

Any of you ladies live in countries that grow bananas like nobody's business? 
Papua New Guinea is definitely one of those countries. We are brought huge stalks of bananas a couple times a week. We ALWAYS have bananas, and it seems like no matter how many stalks of bananas we have, they're all either green and hard or all ripe. They never ripen evenly so that we just always have a constant flow of bananas....even if we separate the stalks. It's just life, I guess. 
Currently, we have three stalks of yellow bananas. These stalks are huge! They come up to my knees, and the stalk is wider than my body. (I'm a small person ...but that's still a large stalk of bananas.) 

With so many ripe bananas available I decided to try to make some banana pancakes that my brothers actually liked. 
And I succeeded! 

I loved the way the recipe turned out, because it made it so easy to to multiply. One recipe feeds one person. 



Put bananas in blender, blend till smooth. 
Dump in the rest of the ingredients, and blend till smooth. 

Using a quarter cup, or whatever size you want for you pancakes, scoop the batter onto a hot griddle or skillet. I used oil on my cast iron skillet while making these, but I'm sure butter would work just as well. 
Just like normal pancakes, flip once the bubbles don't fall in on themselves, and the edges are dry. 
These pancakes are made with bananas, which are high in sugar. They will be darker than normal pancakes. Don't panic, they won't taste burnt unless you burn them (which would be very black).
These pancakes are also more fragile, so quick smooth movements while flipping are essential.

I did try to take a video while making these... However, my phone shut down, and didn't save the time-lapse. 🀦🏼‍♀️ 
I will be posting a video of how these cook on my Instagram page @thirdculturecooking sometime soon. 
We like to just put butter on these. They are plenty sweet, and really don't need much. You could sprinkle some cinnamon on them.  That is also delicious!

Amber Wells
Papua New Guinea πŸ‡΅πŸ‡¬

No comments: