Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Peace That God Gives


Troublesome times are here.  Headlines every single hour of every single day can scare you death with talk of corona virus, death, political upheaval, tornadoes, storms, and economic collapse.  

There are a multitude of thoughts within me, but I can honestly say that I have peace during this time…not 100% of time.  Sometimes when I wake in the middle of the night the “pestilence that walks in darkness” can overwhelm my thoughts.  It is then that I must turn my thoughts to the One that has taught me so much about Himself.  

Japan is in one of the most earthquake-active areas of the world.  There is an earthquake somewhere in Japan every day.  This was something that was very difficult for me to get used to.  When we first arrived, they terrified me.  When I was on the subway, I thought, “I wouldn’t want to be here during an earthquake.”  When we were in a very long tunnel, I thought, “I wouldn’t want to be here during an earthquake.”  When we were on the 3rd or 4th level of a very tall highway, I thought, “I wouldn’t want to be here during an earthquake.” 

In the meantime, I was working on verses for my Knowing God study.  God spoke to me through verses I was memorizing and I realized that no matter where I was when that earthquake hit, God would know exactly where I was, He would be with me, He would still love me and He would still be good.

It’s those thoughts that give me peace during these turbulent times.  The same God Who is with me when the earth shakes, is the same God that is with me when my “world” is shaken.  He knows exactly where I am, He is with me, He loves me and He is good!!  I pray that the Lord will give you the peace that can only come from Him.  
__________

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” ~John 14:27

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah."  ~Psalm 46

*The photo is taken at a flower park.  The wisteria is so beautiful.  In Japan, it is called Fuji Flower.

2 comments:

Joyful said...

Amen. Thank God we can turn to Him in troubled times and he will give us peace. ♥

Maggie Ann said...

I loved reading this post....such a wonderful Heavenly Father we have....and best of all, He loves us so. Thank you for the scriptures...they are so comforting, I love them.