Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hot Fudge Pie

Oh boy, do I have a recipe for you!
I'm not sure where I picked up this gem, but I'm so glad I did!
I'm thinking this might be perfect for an upcoming romantic holiday...
A little hot fudge pie with my Sweetie Pie sounds like the best of both worlds!

Hot Fudge Pie

3 1-oz. squares unsweetened chocolate OR 9 Tbsp. cocoa plus 3 Tbsp. oil
1/2 c. butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs

Place the chocolate OR cocoa and oil and the butter in a medium size saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring until everything is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat immediately. Add sugar, flour, and vanilla and whisk together. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth. Turn batter into a greased 9-inch pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until just set in the middle, but not dry. It should remain fairly moist.

We love to eat this warm and topped with vanilla ice cream. It is melt-in- your-mouth good!

2 comments:

Chris and Carole said...

Another great recipe! Sounds delicious!

Ruth H. said...

Yummmm, this sounds great!
Ruth H.