Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Nutella Fudgesicles

Even though we here in Siberia are not exactly too warm this time of the year (we have had snow flurries off and on today), some of you are in the middle of the hottest time of your year. So, for you my tropical friends, I am posting this recipe to cool you off a little, while I still dream of sunny weather that lasts for more than two days.


Remembering my Grandma and her never ending stash of Little Debbie and oatmeal cream pies combined with living on the mission field and wanting a taste of home, brought me to search for a chocolate fudgesicle recipe a few years ago. Interestingly enough, the recipe I found calls for Nutella which we can easily purchase. So, I gave it a try and although I don't have one of the fancy Zoku popsicle makers (I had never heard of them until I found this recipe) nor, do I have coconut milk easily, cheaply available, they were good enough to satisfy the craving.

Yummy, 'chocolaty' satisfaction of a craving...yes, I'll take it!


Nutella Fudgesicles
Makes six pops with about 1/2 c. left over

Ingredients:

1 1/2 c. Pacific hazelnut chocolate milk 
**Major substitution alert** - You can use coconut milk if affordable. I used 3.5% and decreased a milk a little to experiment with texture. Experiment!

1/2. cup Nutella

Directions:

Whisk the ingredients together until mixed uniformly. Chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge before pouring the mixture into your molds of choice (TIP: if your sticks have holes in them the fudgesicles will stay on the sticks better) and freezing for another approximately 2 hours. 

If you have managed to allow these to freeze completely before eating the slushy goodness right out of the popsicle mold (I might be speaking from experience!), remove the molds from the freezer and run hot water over the molds for a few seconds to help release them. 
Sit back and enjoy!

No comments: