Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chorus of frogs


Sitting in my living room having my devotions I began to ponder on God's gifts. I began to daze outside and look at God's creation to see what gifts He might show me. Immediately my senses picked up on the chorus of frogs croaking just outside my yard along Lake Victoria.

The sound of their croaking puts a smile on my face and turns my focus on their Creator. Let me just say  God is AWESOME!  As I look for Him in His creation I can't help but say that. I mean have you ever really looked at insects, animals, birds, and on and on?

I remember when my children were little that we would listen to a radio program that would talk about various animals and insects and teach how God created them with special features for protection, to hunt, etc.  As we heard about these wondrous creatures we were reminded of Psalm 104:24: 

"O Lord, how manifold 
are thy works! in wisdom hast thou 
made them all:  the earth is full 
of thy riches."

What can you see today in God's creation that turns your heart and mind to His GREATNESS? What verse comes to your mind as you ponder his creation? I'd love to read about it!

Posted by: Tammy Brouwer

2 comments:

Be Thou Exalted said...

I have been in awe of rainbows this past year. I'm not sure if I'm finally taking notice or if it's rare but I see them a lot, and I always try to take a photo. Psalm 46:10 comes to mind, "Be still and know that I am God."

Jolene said...

Tammy, if you know what that segment of the radio program is called, I would love to find something like that for my kids to listen to too!