Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Time Favorites: Fourth of July!!!



My first Fourth of July as a married woman was a transforming day.
Really!
I had never cared in the least for learning to cook or bake, much less making something that looked amazing AND tasted delicious!
And then...I saw it! A recipe for a yummy-tasting, flashy-looking dessert right on the Philly cream cheese package. I was hooked!
That was what I wanted to take to the family's 4th of July picnic....a fruit-flag-covered-no-bake-cheesecake! I was going to show them how grown up I was; what an amazing cook I had become....in my entire one month of marriage {ha!}
In the ten years {wow! how time flies!} since then, I've seen similar recipes a dozen times, but in my opinion {whatever that's worth!}, this version is still the best!

On a side note, I am aware that all these items are not available outside the U.S.  So if you don't have them, then use your usual substitutes!

No-Bake Cheesecake

2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
2 T. lemon juice
1/3 c. sugar
1 small graham cracker pie crust
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed, divided
strawberry halves
blueberries

Beat cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 2 cups of Cool Whip. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate 3 hours or until set. Spread remaining Cool Whip over cheesecake. Arrange strawberries and blueberries in rows on top of cheesecake to resemble flag. Store leftovers in refrigerator {if there are any!}.

It's your turn! What was the first thing you ever made to impress someone?


No comments: