Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Marshmallows



One of my favorite parts of 4th of July is sitting around a bonfire, roasting marshmallows for s’mores! 

Graham crackers and marshmallows aren’t exactly common items here in PNG, so we decided to make our own! Amber made some delicious graham crackers (I’m sure there will be a post on those in the future), I whipped up some marshmallows, and we all enjoyed our s’mores! Everyone agreed, these taste just as good (if not better!) than storebought marshmallows. 




Marshmallows always seemed like an intimidating recipe to me. The first time i tried them, i was surprised when they actually turned out right! They are actually quite simple, as long as you know a few tips and tricks. 



These marshmallows don’t toast quite the same as storebought. They melt faster, and caramelize quickly. But they don’t catch on fire as quickly as storebought! Also, these are just as delicious toasted over the stove, if you don’t have a fire pit outside.

I haven't tried these marshmallows in any other recipes yet (such as rice-krispie treats or marshmallow fondant, but it's on my to-do list!). 

Enjoy!

-Kayleigh




1 comment:

Joyful said...

It looks like spam has found it's way here.

I've never known anyone to make marshmallows or graham crackers. I'm very impressed. The smores look so tasty too.