Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Time Favorites: A Better Burger





I'm not Bobby Flay. Big surprise, right?!?
I know there are lots of burger recipes out there, too.
I'm not trying to take the place of any of that. But if you want a simple but delicious burger, why don't you give this one a try!?!

Beyond Basic Burger

1 lb. ground beef OR 1/2 lb. ground beef and 1/2 lb. bulk sausage
 1/2 c. quick-cook oats {raw, not cooked!}
1/4 c. of your favorite BBQ sauce

Preheat grill or broiler. Mix meat, oats, and BBQ sauce together.
Shape into 4 patties.
Grill 7-9 minutes on each side or until cooked to desired doneness {is that a word?}.
You get the idea!

Enjoy with all your other grillin' favorites!

What's your favorite way to make a burger?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to put Worcestershire sauce in my patties.