Friday, April 19, 2013

A Wish Come "Through"


This week, I have some more funny stories about my children. We do not have many “dull moments” around our house!

One day, Bonnie got Skittles from America. She said, "Mom, I've been wanting those, and my wish came through." I thought wishes came true, but I guess they can come “through” as well.

 photo P1040137_zps1bc23d8d.jpg


On April 1, Bonnie did an accidental April Fools' joke. We make pancake syrup and keep it in a plastic container in the refrigerator. I asked Bonnie to get the syrup out. She got it out and put it in the microwave. I turned the microwave on. When I went to get the syrup out of the microwave, it was black olives instead of syrup. Oops!

The other day during lunch, we were having a discussion about favorite foods. Danny said, "You know mine, Mom! . . . BROWNIES!"

One day, Bonnie said, "It is hotter than a lemon seed!" I am not sure where she got that one!

At breakfast one morning, Danny was trying to convince Gilbert to try the Honey-O's. Danny said, "These give you lots of energy, Gilbert! The box said so." Gilbert said, "Well, every box in the whole UNIVERSITY says that, Danny!"

One evening, I had gone outside to get clothes off of the line. When I came back inside, Gilbert said, "Mom, don't come in the kitchen until I tell you it's okay." A little later, he came back and said, "You'd never guess that you have a kid this good!" He had done all of the dishes without being told.

Danny is our backwards boy. He often has his shoes on the wrong feet and his shirt on backwards. He informed me one day that the Ghanaians do not say that his shirt is on backwards; they say it is upside down. One morning Danny asked, "Mom, why does my watch have letters instead of numbers?" It was upside down. The 7 was an "L," and the 3 was an "E."

If you have a language blooper or some other funny story that you would like to share with us, please e-mail it to me at loconsford@gmail.com. Please include the name of each family member, your field of service, and a picture of your family if possible.

Until next week, keep your sunny side up!

No comments: