Monday, April 15, 2013

Missionary Monday ~ Meet Our Contributors

We have another wonderful contributor to introduce to you.
All those Tasty Tuesday recipes comes from this lovely lady...


Please meet Patty.



If you would have asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would have told you, "Anything but a missionary!" I had lots of ideas about life, but that wasn't one of them.

I ran hard and fought harder against this call as a young teen, but finally gave up, telling God that I would be "miserable but obedient." 

When I surrendered, God changed all that, and I was soon convinced that I'd be a single missionary in Africa somewhere working at an orphanage and taking care of 40 little boys.

For this reason, I told my mother I didn't need to learn how to cook, clean, sew, or take care of a home.

God had other plans....again.

I met my hubby-to-be at college in Tennessee, but we got to know each other on a school-sponsored mission trip to Ghana, West Africa. He says he fell in love with me on the trip, but I think he just likes a good story {wink, wink!}

We got married, hit the deputation trail, and landed in Africa all within 15 months.

We jumped in with both feet, living with an African pastor in local housing, six hours from the nearest American, and a baby on the way.

God has used almost everything imaginable {and a few I'm sure you couldn't possibly imagine!} to mold and shape...and pinch and squeeze me into what He wants me to be.

He's not done yet, of that I am sure, but hopefully I've learned a few things in the last ten years or so!

I love my life as a missionary wife and mama, and I can't imagine doing anything else!

I enjoy sharing my daily adventures at MrsJohninGhana.



Click on the recipe tab to see all of Patty's yummy recipes!




No comments: