Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dessert of the Month Club ~ Banana Pudding


I planned on making one dessert a month for my hubby for his Dessert of the Month Club gift.
Well, March went zooming by, and I suddenly realized that April was in full swing, and I'd not made his special dessert.
So I did his favorite.......for the first time ever.
That is probably really bad of me as a wife.
We've been married over a decade.
Well, all I can say is better late than never.
And you know what?
It was super easy!
Why hadn't I made this for him before?
I don't know, but I'll certainly be making it again!


Banana Pudding

1 cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 pinch salt
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 -4 ripe bananas, sliced {American-sized!}
vanilla wafers

Whisk together sugar and eggs.
Add in salt, cornstarch, and milk.
Bring mixture to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly; cook until thickened.
Remove from heat; add vanilla and mix well. 
In serving bowl, layer the wafers, bananas, and the pudding.
Top with whipped cream, if you wish.
Enjoy!

 *A few notes:
I got this recipe from here.
The only difficulty I had was that it wanted to scorch if I raised the heat at all or stopped stirring even for a second.
We don't have Nilla Wafers here, but I found a local biscuit (cookie) that worked just fine!

No comments: