Monday, April 1, 2013

Missionary Monday - Meet Our Contributors

Happy Monday!
This week, I would like you to meet Laura. She is our newest contributor.
She writes the Sunny-Side-Up Saturdays.


 photo DSC_0028_zps34483494.jpg
Hello! I am Laura Consford. I am thankful for the privilege of growing up in a Christian home. My dad led me to the Lord when I was eight years old. I surrendered to be a missionary at the age of fifteen at a youth conference. After graduating from college with a major in missions, I still did not know exactly where God wanted me to serve Him as a missionary. My pastor told me to keep serving at the church until the Lord showed me His will. I am so glad that I listened to my pastor.


Two years later, I started dating Joe Consford. We were married in December 2000, and hit the deputation trail immediately. We first visited Ivory Coast on our survey trip in 2001. After completing eighteen months of deputation and a year in language school in France, we arrived on the field in March 2004.

Due to civil war in Ivory Coast, we had to evacuate on three different occasions. In January 2011, God led us to Ghana, which is right next to Ivory Coast. The official language in Ghana is English, but many people only speak a tribal dialect. We are currently learning Fante, the tribal language in this region of Ghana.

We have three children, Gilbert (2005), Danny (2006), and Bonnie (2008). Our children presently attend a Christian school started by another missionary. Our children definitely provide entertainment and keep us on our toes.


2 comments:

Teresa De said...

Love this lady - wish we could see each other more often!!!

Unknown said...

We will have to get together for sure during our next furlough, Teresa!!