Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tropical Smoothie/Punch



Well, I know I said only one more summery recipe before we got down to fall treats, but it isn't even September yet! I just can't make myself think of pumpkins and apples before September, especially where I live. Fall was always my favorite season growing up, but after living here for a while, I really have to work at "making fall happen"! And I do ~ just not until summer is officially over, and that, my friends, happens the day after Labor Day!

Want a tasty treat to say good-bye to summer? At least for those of you who are {saying good-bye, that is!}? This awesome smoothie is good for breakfast, as a punch to go along with your last cook-out of the season, or as a tasty {and healthy} dessert. I must admit that us missionaries living in the tropics have it easy with this one, but maybe you have some access to tropical fruits, too? I hope so!

Tropical Smoothie/Tropical Punch
* Note: This recipe lists canned possibilities first and fresh fruit possibilities second.

20 oz. crushed pineapple in juice/ 2 cups overflowing of sliced pineapple
1 can coconut milk/ 14 oz. chilled coconut milk {how to make your own}
3 bananas, peeled and frozen

garnish:
sliced pineapple
shredded coconut

Blend ingredients on high until smooth. Garnish as you please!

*Thanks to my favorite foodie, Rebecca, for this recipe and picture!

No comments: