Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Caramel Apple Spice (Hot Apple Cider) Starbucks Copycat Drink


Today I am posting this yummy hot cider drink recipe because it has become a favorite requested drink for our annual MK (missionary kid) Harvest Party. I originally found this recipe on Pinterest from this site when I was searching for the perfect hot apple cider recipe. This year's party became a memory last night as we all gathered together with other missionaries in the area we live in here in Siberia, Russia. I will be posting more details about that on my personal blog once all the photos have been sorted, but for now, I wanted to share this recipe with you because to me it is the best cider recipe I have ever tasted. Now, that may or may not have something to do with the fact that there is caramel involved!
This recipe also calls for brown sugar, which may not be easily available for you some of you missionary ladies around the globe, but if not, friends, there is another item to pack into a missionary care package!




Ingredients:


1/2 Cup Water
1/3 Cup Brown sugar
1 Cinnamon stick
2 Cups Apple juice
1 Tablespoon Caramel sauce
Whipped cream

Directions:


In a small pot bring water, brown sugar, and cinnamon stick to a boil.
Stir until sugar is dissolved completely. Discard cinnamon stick.
Add in apple juice and caramel sauce and stir.
Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream and more caramel if desired.

YUM!


*For the party we used hot coffee cups, but at home, my hubby and I enjoyed some cider in these cute glasses I received for Christmas the year before. It is very pretty served in clear glasses!

No comments: