Sometimes you just need a quick and easy one-skillet meal to serve your family on busy evenings when time is limited. This Beef Stroganoff recipe is one of my go to recipes when I have little time but I still need to fill some bellies with a decent meal.
These ingredients are based on feeding a family of five. You can adjust the amounts to less or more depending on your needs.
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
2 beef buillion cubes (20 grams each)
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
Salt (if more is desired)
1 can of Mushrooms (400 grams)
Pasta of your choice
1. Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain grease. Put beef back in to skillet. Turn heat down to a simmer.
2. Add two beef bullion cubes to the prepared beef,
3. Pour in no more than 1/4 a cup of water and stir to dissolve the bullion cubes completely.
4. Add the can of mushrooms.
5. Stir in the sour cream.
6. Season with black pepper and garlic powder to taste. You can then determine if you need to add more salt but usually the bullion cubes add sufficient flavor.
Serve over prepared pasta.
This is great served with garlic bread!
1. Turn your oven on maximum temperature and broiler mode. Move the rack closer to the top of your oven, allowing space for the bread so it will not be touching the top of the oven.
2. Soften the amount of butter necessary for the size of bread you choose in a microwave or by allowing it to sit out on your counter to soften. **The nice think about garlic bread is that it does not require fresh bread. It is even better made with bread that is a day or two old.
3. Salt the butter and mix in, depending on your preference as to the amount of salt, if you are on a field where they do not sell salted butter or, in my case, it is more expensive to buy!
4. Spread the salted butter evenly onto the bread.
5. Salt the buttered bread lightly and evenly (it helps the bread to toast).
6. Evenly sprinkle garlic powder over the buttered bread.
7. Place on a cookie sheet and place in the oven.
Depending on your oven, you may need to watch the bread the entire time to be sure it is toasting evenly and not burning. Once it is toasted to your satisfaction, remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Cut into serving sizes and serve warm!