Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Sour Cream (With Video)

Sour cream is another one of those things that can be hard to get on the mission field. 
It’s often expensive, and, in our case, rotten! Yuck! 

If you can get box cream, or shelf stable cream, then you are good to go! 
All this homemade sour cream takes is box cream and vinegar. 

What You’ll Need:
200 ml box cream
1 Tbs vinegar or lemon juice

Mix the two ingredients together and stir well! 
If the cream isn’t thickening try adding a little bit more vinegar or lemon juice. 
This sour cream works best when the cream is cold. 
Also, for some reason (like the powdered milk cheese) some box cream doesn’t work. I don’t know why this is the case. Some brands are just not very agreeable, I guess. 
Try making this with a couple different brands and see which one gets you the best results. 

This sour cream is great on anything you would normally put sour cream on! 
It also works great for recipes! 


I hope this recipe works well for all of you!

I would love to get some feedback from you ladies.
If you have a certain recipe or something you would like me to do, just let me know in the comments! 
Also, if you have another recipe for sour cream I would LOVE to hear about it! 
I’m always up for trying new ways to do things! 

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Kayleigh Dye said...

Yum! I love sour cream, so I will probably be using this recipe a lot! ��
It is really nice that it’s ready to use immediately. I made some sour cream with “fresh” cream and vinegar, and it had to sit out on the counter for 12 hours before it thickened up.