Friday, November 11, 2011

It's Not About Me, It's About Him - Devotional Friday

"He must increase, but I must decrease."
John 3:30

A few years ago I went to a Ladies Retreat with a good friend.  The theme for the weekend was "It's Not About Me, It's About Him".  I am always amazed at how God brings these things into our life when we need it most, actually I need to be reminded of this daily. 

Life gets busy.  As a missionary women, wife, mother, you know this.  You get busy in the ministry.  Sometimes we get so busy we forget Who we are serving, and are doing things just to get them done.  Let's be honest, when we the last time you were relived Sunday was over so you could get some rest?  I think we all have, but when we stop and ponder - "It's not about me, it's about Him", it could change your whole perspective.

When my daughter interrupts my devotions for a question, I stop and think, "It's not about me, it's about Him."  When my son wakes me up in the middle of the night, I stop and think, "It's not about me, it's about Him."  When my husband ask for a snack just as I was about to take that much needed shower, I stop and think, "It's not about me, it's about Him."  When a friend calls because she's had a bad day when my to-do list is forever long, I stop and think, "It's not about me, it's about Him."

It's not about me, it's about Him.  Now, I don't always stop and think like I said above, but oh, how I wish I could redo some of these moments.  Instead of thinking of them as inconveniences, I ought to think of them as opportunities to serve.

It's not about me, it's about Him.  It's all for Him.  My daily service to my family.  My daily service to my friends.  My daily service to my church.  It's all for Him.

"He must increase, but I must decrease."  John 3:30

By Jen Bauer - Be Thou Exalted

No comments: