Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday


Submitted by Rebecca Lantz in Uganda

The other day it occurred to me to put this recipe on the blog – I got it from my mother-in-law and have found it so very useful in my cooking… especially if I need a quick meal. I gave the job of making a batch of this on my kids’ job chart for each week. We eat so many foods with it – biscuits, pancakes, coffee cake, chicken pot pie, hot dogs in a blanket, many casseroles, etc. This is the same Bisquick Mix that you can buy in the States.

Bisquick Mix:
9 cups flour
1/3 cup baking powder
1 Tbl. salt
2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
¼ cup sugar
2 cups shortening
Combine the dry ingredients. Cut in shortening (with your hands is easiest). May be frozen for storage.

1 comment:

Ashley Justice said...

OOH! Thanks for this! I have wanted to be able to make it for certain recipes that call for it! Great idea to post it!