Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tortillas






On with the Mexican food!
Today I'm sharing the best tortilla recipe I've found {and I've tried a few!}
Now just a note: making tortillas is kind of like making flaky pie crusts, it takes practice!
It takes a bit of work to learn how to roll them thin enough. So if they don't look just like the ones you remember, just keep practicing!

Flour Tortillas

Mix together:
     2 c. flour
    1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt
    2 tsp. oil
Slowly add:
     3/4  c. warm milk
Stir and knead to form a firm, soft dough.
Let rest for 20 minutes, covered.
Divide into 10 pieces, cover 10 minutes.
Roll each ball into tortilla, using extra flour as needed.
Cook in dry skillet on high heat, 30 seconds per side.

Enjoy !

1 comment:

Ashley Justice said...

Well, I make flour tortillas very often with a different recipe. Looks like I need to make them again, trying this one. Thanks for posting!