Thursday, September 6, 2012

Walking in love...





This morning when I checked Facebook I found this post by a friend who lives in my hometown of Greeneville, Tennessee. I really spoke to my heart so I thought I'd share it with you ladies.

Today at the Hardees drive-thru, an elderly gentleman in a pickup truck in front of me bumped the truck in front of him. He got out of his vehicle and immediately my heart went out to him. He was so disappointed in himself, and kept apologizing to the lady who got out of the truck he hit. She was so kind to him, and trying to console him. He was not to be consoled. He seemed embarrassed and ashamed. She pulled to the window, got her food and left the lot. When he pulled to the window, the employee told him his breakfast was paid for, by the lady who just pulled out, along with a message. She said to tell him to have a blessed day, and that life is too short to worry about the little things. 

This is a good reminder that we are to walk in love. What if this lady had been angry and said unkind words to this elderly man? What if she drove away speedily in frustration only to arrive at work and tell all the people she worked with about it? Would that have left anyone, including herself, encouraged and ready to start the day? But instead, she acted in love. She treated this man with the same love and respect she would want her grandfather treated. And not only did she totally bless this man, she blessed the employee of Hardees, she blessed my friend, she blessed me, and I hope she blessed you!




No comments: