Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Vacation Bible School - Point Cards

Well, I believe we have come to the end of our VBS posts. I have heard good comments about what I posted but no questions; so I am assuming I thought of it all! (Kidding!) I did read a comment about the point cards that I mentioned in the last post, and I promised to explain a bit more about what we found easiest to keep track of which team children are on after the cards are collected for the day. You see, during snack time we have someone gather the point cards so that they do not get in the children's way during game time, which is the last activity of the day. In order to still differentiate the teams, we purchased hair bands in the team colors for the children to wear on their wrists during games. 

Hair bands worn on the wrists during game time

Also, just for clarification on the point cards, the first few years we held VBS, we did not laminate the cards. We only had a few get torn and need to be replaced. This past year, we laminated them, and although they hold up well laminated, it did make it more difficult to punch the holes in them for points. It was not impossible, but it took a bit more time to punch them when they were laminated.

Here is a better photo of the point cards. There is just a place for the child's name at the top and then the point "stamps" to be punched as the children earn their points. 
I print them up four per sheet.
I accidentally printed up a pink sheet; but, don't worry, we didn't have a pink team! 


Also, I leave you with this photo below. 
It is the trash can beside my desk as I was working on last year's VBS program. 



It is just a pic to remind you that planning a VBS is a lot of work, requires a lot of preparation, a lot of paper, a lot of printing and copies, but it is a tremendous method to grow your Sunday school class and show the community what your ministry is about.

Thank you for reading these posts. I do pray they have been a help to you in some way. 
May God bless your efforts! They are not in vain!

"Suffer little children and forbid them not, to come unto me: 
for of such is the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 19:14

No comments: